Welcome to the first BPSAA Podcast, we hope one of many more to come.
This session focused on the subject of Financial Privacy featuring a number of experts from the sector.
We were honoured to kick things off with a special guest and well-known privacy advocate, Reuben Yap from the FIRO project (previously known as Zcoin). Reuben oversees strategy and operations for Firo. He has been a vocal advocate of online and financial privacy since 2007.
Other guests included Wookie Vice President of the BPSAA and Pirate Chain Fleet Commander, Kushti Project head from ERGO and Hashratez who is responsible for marketing of the Ether-1 Project. It was hosted by +DreamTim, VP of Marketing for the BPSAA.
In this episode, we discuss the topic of Financial Privacy.
- What is Financial Privacy?
- Why is Financial Privacy important?
- What kind of Financial Privacy do people have in the Fiat World, if any?
- How are governments and corporations invading peoples privacy?
- How do privacy projects in crypto solve this?
- Should everything be private?
- Are there additional things needed to be completely private in blockchain?
- What does the future look like for financial privacy in fiat, and financial privacy in crypto?
About the BPSAA
For those of you not yet familiar with the BPSAA, it is an acronym that stands for the “Blockchain Privacy, Security & Adoption Alliance“. It is a non-profit organisation that aims to educate the public on privacy and security solutions in blockchain. It is also a think tank that facilitates a common forum for developers to create open-source privacy and security technologies for public use.”
The BPSAA currently has 9 members and it is an ever-expanding alliance with nearly half a million combined followers across all social media.
You can listen to the podcast here https://www.buzzsprout.com/1762199/8367706 or watch the video below: